Tom Demko Rambles

Friday, July 21, 2006

Mental Ward

Lately it occurs to me how many people in the stores and streets and everywhere behave as escaped mental patients. I understand some years back many mental institutions were closed and patients integrated with the larger community. While the line between crazies and the sane has always been difficult to define, I think more and more insane people walk among us, myself excepted. Certainly, they can live free and productive lives, but all too often lose touch with their prescriptions and therapy, then are squeezed by financial restraints. Soon law enforcement has to control the lunacy level. It's bad all around.

Some days it's tough to find any sane people at all; they are easy to spot...they think just like me...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home