Tom Demko Rambles

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Creme Twirls

I apologize for my derelict blogging schedule. I've been busy with other "stuff". I've had brilliant words at the tip of my tongue, but swallowed them before I could write them down. This entry is the consolation prize.

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do (Joe Walsh). In the past, my local Super Duper Amazing Awesome Stop and Shop or Pee stocked a confection known as "Creme Twirls".



These are very light, sickly sweet sugary; like a sugar-heroin shot, bringing one to an immediate high after pig-slopping an entire package down your maw. I'd buy them every now and again, maybe bi-weekly. I pretend they're not bad for my diet (being so light and fluffy...)

An evil cloud hovered above my supermarket, and the creme twirls disappeared. I'd walk across the supermarket (about half a mile) to the bakery, and search for my beloved sugar fix, but they were not to be found. I eventually discovered other SDAASSP locations had them, and when I was out of town, if I was lucky enough to get to the store before closing, I'd treat myself to the Creme' Delights.

Being a creature of habit, I find it interesting how my routine constantly changes. Sometimes I get bored and change it, but changes often result from external forces. One fine day, my GF and I went to a Polish Bakery, and behold what I found!



These beauties are much different. The Creme is not a sugar-crap injection, more eggy, and the crust is crunchier (I love crunchy) with wonderful "sprinklies" on it. The conspiracy of the "Evil Empire" to deprive me of Creme' Twirls led me to luscious Polish Creme' Twirls.

I suppose I could've simply asked my SDAASSP bakery to stock them again, but it was easier to be hurt and angry and develop an "Evil Empire" conspiracy theory. Next entry, why my Supermarket stopped stocking my Planters Trail Mix, and runs out of caffeine Free Diet Coke. Inventory control and the magic of counting...

1 Comments:

  • One time the Stop & Shop next to my house ran out of Cocoa Puffs. There is no longer a Stop & Shop next to my house. Mwahahahaha.

    By Blogger Colby, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home