Tom Demko Rambles

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Claire's Corner Copia

Many, many cappuccino machines reside in New Haven, waiting to be explored, yet I usually go to Claire's Corner Copia. It's not a coffee shop at all, it's a vegetarian restaurant. Located on the corner of College and Chapel St, I usually stop there on my way to the theater. Now, I'm certainly no vegetarian, but the food is so cool, it's a refreshing change from devouring road kill between cars and birds puréed by jet engines (which are scarce). They do in fact serve a tasty cappuccino. The vegetarian cuisine notwithstanding, they sell a dessert named Trifle. This is no ordinary cake. It's so rich, it's amorphous. It comes in a bowl, and invokes a brain shattering sugar orgasm every time. Once, I bought a bowl for two young women who were eating salads there, knowing they would never order it for themselves. This act brought the karma of the universe into balance.

2 Comments:

  • Guess what? I'm getting braces next week, so I can't eat anything sticky/chewy/sugary for a year and a half. Starting two days ago. Yay!

    By Blogger Colby, at 10:57 PM  

  • Just don't eat next store at the "Copper Kitchen". Or as I call it the "Copper Cockroach" The rats can be seen very early in the AM before they open dancing on the grill eating any leftovers off the cool metal grille.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home