Tom Demko Rambles

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Damn Cup-saucers!


I had an epiphany today. I hit my head on a carrier for a chair lift and discover heightened powers of perception and free thought. Now to improve effeciency for the human race. One word...saucers. Let's eleminate cup saucers. What are they good for? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!



Perhaps they were invented when cup technology was in its infancy, to control leaks. But face it, if a cup undergoes a cataclysmic failure, a saucer will overflow! Or maybe they were for carrying hot cups...now we have handles on cups. Just look at the heavy design and rugged handle on a modern coffee mug. Can you say Obsolete?


Perhaps polite society needed them to catch drool dripping down the outside of the cup after drinking. A sham I say, I dine with barbarians all the time, and have never seen cup side-drool poolings. Faces and shirts soaked with spooge...well, that's another matter...


Two handed cup sipping style. Oh, so hoity-toity...more "polite" society nonsense. I'd sooner snort my coffee through a colostomy tube than make such a public spectacle of myself.

So, let's just say NO to cup saucers! We'd gain room in our cupboards, all mankind will benefit!

1 Comments:

  • Saucers are so you can put tasty shortbread cookies on them next to your coffee and sip in style.

    By Blogger Colby, at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home