Tom Demko Rambles

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Strange Brew

This morning I made two cappuccinos, one for me, one for my fiance'. Nothing unusual until she sipped and said "This tastes salty...!" I verified the sugar cup contained sugar, not its evil twin salt. I smelled her cup...yes indeed, something is awry.

My cappuccino is simple and pure. Coffee and milk, no sugar, no cinnamon. Hers contains a spoon of sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Actually, the cinnamon was a bit easier to apply today.

"You used All-season instead of Cinnamon!"
"Preposterous. Statistically, I'm never wrong!" Well, true enough, I don't claim I don't occasionally make mistakes. My analytical skills are in fact...flawless. I opened the cabinet, the spices perched in one place, Cinnamon, All-Spice, Strychnine...

So now come the questions
...did some "axis of evil" manipulate the spices?
...was it a "Freudian Slip"...did I subconsciously want to end her?
...Could I be ...perish the thought...imperfect?

1 Comments:

  • could be worse. what if you'd put artificial sugar in?

    By Blogger Colby, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home